Position will begin as part-time and likely transition to full-time.
Director of Nursing
Client is a national company dedicated to delivering high quality medical and non-medical private pay healthcare services to our customers. We also provide staffing for medical institutions. Currently Client is expanding in the Dallas metroplex in the cities of Irving, Coppell, Farmers Branch and Carrollton.
I am looking for a motivated and enthusiastic RN in the role of Director of Nursing (DON) to bring clinical expertise to a business model that is the best in the industry. Ideal candidate will be a key member of my management team, have an entrepreneurial spirit, want to make a difference in the lives of seniors in the community and want to share in the growth and success of the client. Ultimately, the successful candidate will be someone that shares the vision of the owner - to build a quality healthcare organization with a mission to provide quality services, working with quality resources, without the high stress and reduced flexibility present in large established medical institutions.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the clinical oversight of the office, recruiting of the clinical team, licensure oversight and supervision of the clinical team and field staff. The DON will assess current and future needs of the patient and develop a solid plan of care for optimal patient outcomes. Candidate will be the medical expert for the organization, developing and implementing necessary processes, developing and building relationships with case managers and referral sources.
The successful candidate will be a RN with experience in the home health care field and an empathetic disposition to customer interaction. Candidate will have demonstrated exemplary ethical standards and genuine desire to improve quality of patient care. Candidate must be a good communicator, optimistic, friendly, sociable and out-going and an independent decision maker who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a focus on compliance and developing quality in an organization with a commitment to taking charge and showing initiative in getting the job done. The candidate must be detail-oriented while possessing the innate ability to multi-task and prioritize. Comfort with employee and client relations is a must. This position requires travel on a daily basis and may include weekends, nights and holidays to clients in the territory serviced by the Branch office.
Education and Experience:
· Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of TX.
· Minimum five years clinical experience with 2 to 3 years working in home health or skilled care environment
· Minimum three to five years of direct employee supervision, including both exempt and non-exempt personnel
· Strong recruiting, interviewing and hiring skills
· Customer service experience and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from an accredited program by the National League of Nursing.
· Responsible for the initial licensure and certification of a home health agency in the state of Texas in the last 3 years
· Case Management Skills
· Policy Development Skills
· Understand regulatory compliance
▪ State requirements for the franchise location
▪ Federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs
· Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions
· Provides back-up support for those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skills
· Provides back-up support for appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
· Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care
· Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs
· Set-up new private duty cases
· Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
· Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel
· Plans and implements in-service and training programs
· Oversees the maintenance of clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organizational activities
· Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws (HIPAA/OSHA Compliance)
· Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel
· Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care, and shares information with appropriate organization personnel
· Promotes home health referrals in the health care community
· Coordination of (and onsite assistance as needed) for RN-Reg clinics
· Hiring and screening of RN’s and LPN’s
· National account clinical review
· Understand Medicare laws and educate the office staff as appropriate
· Understands and leads compliance and improvement in all clinical standards including those required by Joint Commission.
· Understands and leads improvement in clinical and care elements that drive Net Promoter Score (including delivery of Plan of Care).
· Coordinate services for staffing clients
· Completing employee performance reviews at regular intervals
· Assist with the determination and regular assessment of Bill and Pay rates and competitor analysis through competitive calls
· Provide scheduled On-Call support and available to provide phone support 24/7 for emergency clinical issues
For immediate consideration, please forward resume to: email@example.com